Proper Care of Platinum Silicone Toys
Platinum cure Silicone is a very durable material when cared for properly. Following the instructions and advice below will ensure your silicone toys will last, bringing you pleasure for years.
- Refrain from having Topped Toys come in direct contact with other toys. Contact with less expensive toy materials like urethanes, rubbers, and lower grade silicones can melt, discolour, or damage your toys. The best strategy is to keep each toy individually wrapped in a cotton bag or towel.
- Store your toy on a smooth surface. Avoid sharp objects or uneven surfaces as they may damage your toy or cause indentations.
- Storing your toys upright will minimize the chance of deformations due the toy's own weight.
- Silicone can be cut by sharp objects or contact with abrasive surfaces. Tears in silicone will make your toy more vulnerable to ripping.
- Before using a brand new toy make sure to wash it thoroughly with warm water and soap. We recommend a similar thorough wash after each use. Always dry your toys before storing them again.
- Our silicone toys are dishwasher safe, even on the sanitize cycle. Make sure to place the toy in a flat part of the rack that doesn't have pointy parts. Remove the toy from the dishwasher immediately after washing to avoid indentations from the dishwasher rack.
Other General Advice
- NEVER use silicone lube with a silicone toy. High grade water based lube such as J-Lube is best for silicone products. Be especially careful when buying commercial lubes as many water or oil based lubes have a small amount of silicone in them. Read the ingredients carefully.
- Silicone lube never washes off. This is important to remember because if you've used silicone lube on other toys in the past, then your silicone toys come in contact with the old toys, you risk damaging the silicone.
- Contact with other toys, especially lower grade plastic, urethane, and vinyl toys will likely result in damage to your toy. Experience has shown that such contact can degrade your silicone toys in more than one ways. Problems like toys becoming tacky, melting of the silicone, colour transfer, and unwanted odours are just some. Don't let your Topped Toys come in contact with other toys to avoid damage.
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranty:
MOR Ventures dba Topped Toys assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss, or damage incurred as a result of any use of our toys or reliance upon the information and material provided by us on this website or anywhere else.
Topped Toys has invested considerable time and care in preparing the information and materials which is contained on this website. However, Topped Toys, or any of its employees, owners, partners, affiliates or any other related parties is unable to provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within.